Saturday, February 03, 2007

Shorter Scooter


If you have been following the Scooter Libby trial as I have, that is, checking in at FireDogLake whenever I can spare the time, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer volume. OK, this is about perjury, so I have to admit, I have been glued to the computer whenever I am not absolutely forced to do something else, like eat. Lightening-fingered live-blogging by Marcy 'emptywheel' Wheeler -- she's the lady who wrote the book -- , analysis by a crack team of Plameologists including more lawyers, government types, what I assume are spooks and assorted informed citizenry than you can shake the Bill of Rights at.

So, where was I? Ah, yes, overwhelmed. FDL commenter radiofreewill provided a brief summary of the scoring to date which will help me actually get some work done today. Because the chronlogical thread format at FDL results in good things getting buried under more good things, I am posting this link as a bookmark for me, and also for anyone else who finds it useful.


radiofreewill says:
February 3rd, 2007 at 11:38 am

Most people, especially on the RIGHT, still think this Trial is about Libby Leaking Plame’s Name - they haven’t actually read the indictment.

Here’s a summary of the Indictment, updated with testimony as of 2/1. It would be a better summary if it contained the ‘money’ quotes from Cooper, Miller and the 8 Government Witnesses, but I haven’t had time to update it to that level of detail.

Rest assured, Libby is already toast. more


More usefulness: You can't tell the players apart without a program, so check our Rayne's ongoing directory to all things LibbyTrial-wise at www.rayne-today.blogspot.com.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HotFlash! Hello and thankyou for picking-up my comment at FDL.

I'm a crossover from the HuffPo where I was following the pre-Trial news and saw a piece by Christy that put me onto the live-blogging that has fascinated me ever since.

The combination of:

- Jane's vision and indominitable spirit
- Emptywheel's case knowledge and book
- Christy's legal experience
- Pach's 'human motivation' insights
- eRiposte's looks inside the spook community
- Swopa and the gang at FDL

REALLY make this Trial emerge in living 3D from cyber-space.

I really think the whole package, especially with the Firedog Community that includes you, Rayne and many, many others is LEADING THE WAY in showing that 21st Century Citizen Participation in Government is real, relevant and critical to keeping the power with the People.

Thanks,

radiofreewill

February 05, 2007 12:34 PM  
Blogger HotFlash said...

Hi radiofreewill,

This whole Internets thing is, I think, the answer to Big Corps and Big Govt. This isn't just about how we humans organize our societies, I think we may be riding the next wave in evolution.

From wikipedida: From 1930–1931 Teilhard stayed in France and in the United States. During a conference in Paris, Teilhard stated: "For the observers of the Future, the greatest event will be the sudden appearance of a collective humane conscience and a human work to make."

February 05, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi hotflash,

thanks for linking to me. as you may know, during my blogroll amnesty program, you will get a link on skippy's roll!

but i have to correct a misconception on your link to me on your roll:

i didn't coin the phrase "blogosphere," that was bill quick.

i coined the phrase "blogtopia."

i'll put you on soon!

February 10, 2007 1:59 AM  
Blogger HotFlash said...

Skipp! Oh heavens, I will make the correction immediately! Done.

Thanks, Skippy, you are a marsupial and a gentleman.

February 10, 2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger Shez ZK said...

Hi HotFlash,

I'm trying to update my blogs this week and found an old comment you had left me, so sorry I didn't see it! Sheesh. I added you to my blogroll also.

I'm with Skippy about the blogroll brouhaha, how else are all the new souls finding the blogoverse every day supposed to find us if we don't link to each other?

Blogger is making us switch over to the new Google version I see, I got a chuckle a bit ago that the first example for the new labels (tags) is none other than...wait for it... scooter! Heh

February 11, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger melfeasance said...

Thanks for the link to Orcinus. Did you know she's at it again?

March 02, 2007 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home